Friday, November 6, 2009

Montessori Mena

Here are a few of the activities I did with Mena today.  We have gotten away from our everyday schooling in the basement but I am trying to get back into it.  We have been extremely busy lately and I have let that be an excuse to not teach.  I am now realizing this and hope to remedy it!  She loved these new activities because she is so interested in her letters right now.

Here is a shot of Mena doing her sandpaper letters.  I first ask her to find the "m" out of the four letters at the top, I do this with each of these letters.  She traces each letter with her finger and says the letter sound and then uses her sand tray to draw the letters.  I then introduced the letter tray which at the oment has all objects of colors that start with that sound.  I found a couple, then we walked around the room and found some together.  These activities are now on the shelf for her to choose from.  I plan to add obects for each of the letters but she was done with school for the day!

Here are two shots of Mena playing in her sensory bucket.  I noticed she wanted to play in the sand when she traced her letters so I immediatly created this sensory bucket for her to play in.  She loved it.  I filled it with beans, rice, and mini marshmallows.  I added some measuring cups and such for her to scoop and pour.  It worked out well. 

No comments:

Swidget 1.0

Search This Blog