Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Arch Nemisis...laundry!

Laundry is my arch-nemisis! I hate doing laundry. Every part of it...especially the folding. It seems that when I get around to folding everything is wrinkled and it never fails that I find a stain on my favorite shirt that has been DRIED! Ahh. I wish I could stay on top of the laundry. I mean, there's only three of us in the house and sometimes I wear the same clothes for two days. Shhhhh! Don't tell! That only happens on days when I don't go out.
Anyway, I have to get all the laundry done this week so that I can start packing for our trip to Iowa. I am so excited! My family and friends are in Iowa, not to mention all my memories. I can't wait to go home. My husband always says it helps him love me even more when he spends time with my family. Lets hope he still loves me after he realizes all his clothes are wrinkled and our iron BROKE!

2 comments:

Sharon said...

That's a sweet thing for Dom to say. :)

My tip on the laundry: make a point to do one load each day, the same time each day. It's the only way I stay on top of it.

I either do it after we're all dresses in the a.m., or after the boys are in bed & bath is over with.

Then I am guaranteed to have it ready to be folded once the kids are asleep, and folding is OK enough to do while watching TV. :)

Anonymous said...

Amanda, Can you throw a load into the wash right before you go to bed. Then in the morning throw it into the dryer first thing. Then get ready for the day, dress, eat breakfast with you and Mena, etc. then go fold right before the dryer is to go off! They won't be wrinkled, and you'll feel like you really didn't even do anything, and you'll feel ahead of the game for the day!! Mom

Swidget 1.0

Search This Blog