Saturday, May 30, 2009

Slow to Anger

Philomena has been having a very hard time listening to me lately. I try not to get angry, but these times have been getting more and more frequent. I realize she is just a toddler and this is totally normal, but it doesn't make it any more desirable! Last night I asked her to pick up a piece of paper that she throw on the floor and was stepping on. She wouldn't listen at all, and even started back talking to me. Daddy came in and made her do it before I had a chance to get up off the couch. After doing what I asked she looks at me and says "don't be angry, don't be angry, Mommy." At that moment i melted. I want to be patient but it can be so hard. Lets pray for more patience today. Amen.

2 comments:

Sharon said...

Good post!
Those times are so trying. I find myself struggling to remain patient more in those times-when the little ones refuse to do something so simple-than compared to the bigger things like potty training. I can be more patient for THAT because I know it's a much more difficult thing for them to master.
But when they don't listen on the little things-like picking up the paper-they just seem defiant. It drives me crazy!

I love the prayer "God give me patience, and give it to me now!"

Jenn @ Beautiful Calling said...

My oldest is 2 1/2 and I battle with patience too. Childishness doesn't phase me but defiance and the attitude that she has sometimes, it's hard isn't it?

But if our Heavenly Father gave them to us, He knew that we could do it with His help!

I love the your header photo. She's beautiful!

Swidget 1.0

Search This Blog